I'm sure you will be aware that we are just back from a two week break on the North Cornwall coast. We were blessed with some glorious weather and are slowly getting used to not being by the sea, walking on the beach and stopping for refreshment at beach side cafes.
I have lots to share with you about our break but, for now, I want to tell you about the property that we stayed in ...
This is the back view of 'West Holm', which made for the perfect base for two weeks of exploring the North Cornwall coast and for hunkering down in whilst storms Ali and Bronagh did their worst.
When did we visit?
14-28 September 2018
How many does it sleep?
4 - in one double and one twin bedrom
How much was it?
Who did we book with?
The cottage is in The Crescent, a quiet residential street off Marine Drive, the road that runs along the very beautiful Widemouth Bay. We are always blown away by our first view of the bay as we turn onto Marine Drive and, with blue skies and sunshine, this visit certainly didn't disappoint ...
After a long old journey we couldn't wait to explore and tentatively opened the front door. It looked just lovely. Really light and bright, very spacious, clean and nicely decorated, with lots of comfortable touches.
The main living area is open plan ...
Apologies for the quality of the photo, the sun was just so bright 🌞🌞🌞
From the main living area, through the door you can see on the left of the above photo is a conservatory area, which wraps right around the back and the left of the property. It was a really lovely space ...
We spent lots of time in here, with the patio doors thrown open. As you go round the corner at the back of this photo on the left there is a long utility area, with washing machine, sink, every cleaning material you could imagine and a separate cloakroom.
Back into the main living area and we discovered a nice welcome pack full of treats and essentials ...
Off the main living area are the two bedrooms, which were both spacious and nice and bright and airy, and a family bathroom ...
First impressions were very good and we were looking forward to getting settled in, so it was time to unpack the car and ease in to our holiday.
Our likes over the course of our stay ...
- The layout of the property worked really well for us. We had friends and family staying locally and there was plenty of room to have everyone round. It felt both spacious, yet still cosy, we really liked it.
- It was spotless, even in the depths of the cutlery drawer!
- The kitchen was really well equipped, with pretty much everything we needed, all in really good condition.
- The property was really comfortable, nice squishy sofas and lovely comfy beds.
- There was plenty of storage space for all of our stuff, in the bedrooms and in the kitchen.
- The Wifi was fab - very reliable and speedy.
- The location was perfect for exploring the coast, both North and South, and great for a walk to the beach and the Widemouth Beach Cafe.
- No stairs!!! Which was a real treat for us.
- There was plenty of technology to have a play with, and plenty of instructions. We made good use of the SONOS and Spottify and the Amazon Prime and Netflix subscriptions.
Anything that could have made it better ...
- Ideally it would have been nice to have had a loo in the en suite bathroom.
- The kitchen could have done with a few more smaller casserole dishes.
Would we recommend this property to our friends and family ...
Would we stay in this cottage again?
Most definitely. We love Bude and this is the first time we have stayed in the area in a holiday property, rather than camping or in mum and dad's touring caravan. I am certain that this will not have been the last time we stay in West Holm.