I've had a bit of a play and have changed settings so that anyone can comment without having to register any accounts anywhere.
Martin has done a test and all you have to to do is:
- Click the link on the left hand side of the 'Home' page to select the post that you wish to comment on.
- At the bottom of the post you will see a thank you for your comment message from me and a text box. Click in the text box and enter your comment. Keep it clean, please!
- If previous comments have been posted you will be able to either reply to a previous comment or add a new comment of your own.
- Click in 'Comment as:' box and select 'Name/URL' and type in your name and click 'Continue'. There is no need to worry about the URL bit, that sounds far too technical for me.
- Select 'Publish' and type the text that appears in the box.
- Select 'Publish' again.
- You will then receive a message confirming that your comment will be visible after approval.
This is all very new and I am learning as I go, so if you need to comment to say that this post about how you comment isn't quite right, then just go for it.